Tier 2 and 3 Rules for Shopping at Home Bargains from 2nd December…
Home Bargains says: “We are working tirelessly to ensure that we’re keeping our stores fully stocked and to continue to provide customers with the great products and service you’ve come to expect.
“We are taking all necessary steps to ensure the safety of everyone shopping and working in our stores. The key safety measures we have in place are set out below, and we appreciate your continued support in implementing them.”
- We are limiting the number of customers permitted into each of our stores at any one time. As the store is approaching its maximum occupancy, our team members will ask you to queue outside until there is space. We are installing traffic light systems in our busier stores to automatically control access to the store.
- We ask you to maintain social distancing while you’re in shopping with us and we have put signage and floor markings in all our stores to help you.
- Please shop unaccompanied if at all possible.
- Our in-store cafes are either table service, takeaway only or closed in line with local restrictions as provided for by government legislation.
- When our queueing system is in place, we’re giving priority access to NHS and care workers, so please bring your ID with you (unfortunately this will not be possible in our stores with traffic light systems in place).
- We will also give priority access to disabled and elderly customers who may not be able to queue up for long periods of time.
- We know queueing is always difficult, but please be patient and respect our policy.
At the Tills
- Whilst we are still accepting cash payments, we encourage our customers to pay by card, particularly by contactless or mobile, as much as possible. We have also increased our contactless card payment limit to £45, unlimited on Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- We have installed Perspex screens on all of our tills to provide additional assurance for everyone.
- We have introduced floor markings at all of our checkouts to help you to maintain a two metre distance when you’re queueing up.
- We’re open as usual. Please check the website for opening times.
- Sanitising Stations – we have rolled out sanitising stations to every one of our stores to allow you to sanitise your hands and the handles of your baskets and trolleys.
- Signage – you’ll see posters around the store which reinforce the importance of social distancing, hand washing and respiratory hygiene.
- Tannoy announcement – you’ll hear audio messages reminding you to socially distance and asking you to wear a face covering.
- Sanitising – our staff have access to hand sanitiser whenever they need it. You will also see them sanitising hand contact surfaces.