Home Bargains released a Chinese Salt & Chilli Pepper seasoning for just £1.19 earlier this year. It became a quick hit with the British public, claiming that it made their chicken and chips taste delicious.
So here is our very own recipe so you can make your own chinese fakeaway!
- 190g Sweet Peppers – chopped
- 100g Spring Onions – chopped
- 270g Chicken goujon (or you can make your own)
- Chinese salt & chilli pepper seasoning – quantity to preference
- Medium egg noodles – 1 sheet per person
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 cloves of garlic – peeled & minced
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce – quantity to preference
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Begin to cook chicken goujons in the oven as per the instructions (will vary depending on brand).
- Then start to cook noodles as per the instructions (will vary depending on brand).
- Next heat up wok with olive oil.
- Add sweet peppers and stir occasionally so they do not burn.
- Then add spring onions and continue to stir occasionally.
- Remove chicken goujons from oven and add to wok. Stir.
- Shake chinese salt & chilli pepper seasoning over chicken goujons to preference.
- Meanwhile in a separate bowl mix sesame oil, garlic, rice vinegar, honey, sweet chilli sauce. ketchup, brown sugar & soy sauce to make a sticky sauce/
- Drain the noodles and add to wok.
- Then add the sticky sauce and mix all together.
- In a separate pan toast the sesame seeds. You don’t need oil for this. Make sure to keep turning them so they do not burn.
- Serve up and use the sesame seeds for garnish