Chelsea was missing the doughnuts from the fairground over the Bank Holiday weekend. So she decided to put her apron on and have a go at making her own.
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 70g cold unsalted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 170ml milk
- Mix all the ingredients apart from the milk until it’s breadcrumb in texture
- Slowly add the milk as you may not need it all.
- Create a firm-ish dough and put in the fridge for an hour
- Roll out dough to 1cm in thickness
- Cut doughnut shapes (you can use cookie cutters to help you with this)
- Heat oil in a pan or fryer – Chelsea suggests medium heat for an electric hob
- Add the doughnuts one by one and flip the sides until they are fried to a golden brown colour