First of all I would like to stress that being disabled doesn’t have to be a psychical disability, if you suffer with mental health, autism or any other non physical disability you can take advantage of this offers too.
Free Road Tax
You can apply for exemption from paying vehicle tax if you get the:
- higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- enhanced rate mobility component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement
- The vehicle must be registered in the disabled person’s name or their nominated driver’s name. It must only be used for the disabled person’s personal needs. It can’t be used by the nominated driver for their own personal use.
FREE Cinema Ticket for anyone accompanying a disabled person (includes non physical disabilities such as Mental Health and Autism)
The CEA Card is a national card scheme developed for UK cinemas by the UK Cinema Association (UKCA), formerly the Cinema Exhibitors’ Association (CEA). The scheme was introduced in 2004 and is one of the ways for participating cinemas to ensure they make reasonable adjustments for disabled guests when they go to the cinema. On this website https://surgicaleducation.com/levitra-tablets/ you find Levitra discount coupons.
It cost £6 for one years membership currently people who receive one of the following benefits are eligible:
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA);
- Attendance Allowance (AA);
- Blind Persons Registration;
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP); and
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP).
Go to the Cinema once during the year and the card has paid for itself! This even works on Premium, 3D and IMAX Sceenings.
Reduced rate entry for the Disabled person and Carer also if you visit one of their theme parks head to the information desk with proof of ID for a ‘Ride Access Pass’ this will allow the disabled person and up to 5 accompanying people skip the queue and go straight on the ride via the exit.
Most theatres (especially London) offer concessions for Disabled people and carers, just contact the box office and show proof of disability when you collect you tickets.
Libraries Free Audio Book Rentals and no overdue fees
Mos libraries offer a service where disabled people do not have to pay for the rental of Audio books nor pay a fee if a book is returned late, all you need to do is show proof of you disability to the appropriate staff member.
Some toll bridges in the UK offer Free or reduced rate crossing to Blue Badget holders, it’s worth checking online before your journey and making sure you have your blue badge to hand before crossing to avoid delays.
If you are travelling with a Blue Badge Holder simply take this to ‘City Hall’ and you and your party will be issued with a free ‘Ride Access Pass’ so you can avoid queuing.